We always hear that videos are the most effective form of content marketing, and the numbers speak for themselves. This applies to many types of businesses, however for restaurants, videos can be a game changer!
Let’s take a look at 3 basic facts:
- On average, Facebook gets 8 billion video views every day.
- According to many studies, video marketing leads to more conversions and more purchases than any other marketing form.
- And, users of all ages have named videos as the most engaging form of content on the web.
So what does this mean for your restaurant?
It’s time to start recording video!
Video marketing uses videos to promote your restaurant, cafe, bakery, or coffee shop, while simultaneously boosting your audience and increasing activity on social media channels. As if it didn’t sound amazing already, creating and posting videos is also a low-cost strategy to engage your customers and get a leg up on competitors.
Another reason why video marketing excels, is that there is no one way to do it. You can use your creativity to come up with content and ideas that can boost your business. Here are a few popular ways restaurants and businesses in the food industry promote their businesses with video marketing!
- Show us a ‘How To’ – People love to see your process, especially when it comes to food. Filming a little tidbit of what goes on in the kitchen may interest people and give your company the personal touch that everyone loves. Don’t worry – you don’t have to give out your recipe secrets or anything, but sharing a small snippet of how kneading the dough your way makes for the best pizza ever could excite your customers!
- Do a dish spotlight – We’ve all had the experience of scrolling through our feeds, when we happen upon a mouth-watering dish. All of the sudden, you’re craving steak and potatoes or chicken piccata! Make that interaction your own by filming a small clip of a beautiful dish made by you. That will get people to your doors for sure!
- Show us a ‘day-in-the-life’ of your restaurant – Similar to seeing a recipe process, people love to see restaurant operations. Showcasing a day at the restaurant will not only promote the restaurant and its delicious food, but will also score you a few points in the trust category.
- Give us a tour! – People love to know the ins-and-outs of businesses. They like to see what happens behind the scenes. Restaurants are no different. Getting a tour of the restaurant is an engaging and fun experience for everyone. Just take a quick video walk-through of the restaurant, including the kitchen and it’s different stations.
- Interviews make for fun content as well – Ask your head chef a few questions about their experience and love for cooking. Have your waiters share their rewarding experiences of being at your company. Maybe even pull one of your regular customers into the frame and ask them about their favorite dish! This will humanize your brand and build a connection between you and your audience.
- Share your story – How did your restaurant come to be? What made you choose to open a restaurant? What successes or milestones does your place have? This can be a little opportunity to gain a connection, but also brag about how awesome your company really is!
Now, those are just some ideas for creating engaging and exciting content for your audience through video marketing. The important thing to remember is to keep your brand you! Find new, creative video ideas to promote your brand in a way that is unique to your business.
Video marketing is a low-cost, quick, and easy way to promote your restaurant, cafe, coffee shop, or bakery. It’s authentic and proven to work. And, now, is the time to get filming!