Being a life coach isn’t always an easy job. Even if the coaching part is effortless for you, there is still a pressure to maintain your business and manage the responsibilities that come with being self-employed. A major part of that is marketing yourself and gaining clients.
- Why should your clients choose you as their life coach?
- What makes you stand out as knowledgeable?
We live in a world where seeing is believing. People don’t want to be told about your business, they want to be shown – and it isn’t hard to see why. Engaging visuals are effective and efficient. They are easy for potential clients to digest and set you apart in a fairly competitive industry.
And, what are the best visuals for rising above the competition and improving your marketing game? Videos!
Video marketing has been on the rise for quite some time now. With YouTube being a worldwide platform and the 2nd largest search engine in the world, video content has become the best form of advertising for mobile devices and desktops. Plus, it is the fastest growing category when it comes to marketing.
It’s clear that video marketing is awesome, but why is it so necessary? And, more importantly, how can it help you with your life coach business?
Well, videos create a number of positive interactions for you and your audience. For instance:
- Video marketing builds rapport. When people see the real you as a person and not just a business, there is a credibility and trust built. You become more than just a life coach, but also someone that can be trusted.
- Videos attract customers! When you are scrolling through your feeds, what stops you more? A video, picture or some text? Studies have shown that people are more likely to stop for a video than text, and it makes sense. Videos are simply more engaging!
- This next one coincides with attracting customers. If you are able to attract more customers, you are likely creating more brand awareness and promoting your business. Like I said before, videos are engaging. They catch your client’s eye! There is no better way to promote your life coach brand than by creating videos that provide value to your audience.
- Finally, even if your video doesn’t get you a client, it will make an impression – and impressions are likely to turn into business later. The goal is to nurture engagement.
It’s time to start showing instead of telling!
Video marketing can seem intimidating at first, so here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Keep it simple! Your videos don’t have to be long. In fact, top performing videos typically don’t last longer than 10 minutes and are often significantly less!
- Repurpose your videos! Once you have a video up and running, you can repurpose it to fit all your channels. Take a clip from the video to promote yourself on Facebook or Instagram. Upload a podcast, or write a blog post on the video content as well. There are so many things you can do with your videos.
- Show your users why they should choose you! Offer credibility by showing them your process or explaining how you became a life coach.
- Engage your audience! Make them a part of the video experience. How? Ask them questions or take inquiries that you will answer in future videos. It’s a perfect way to increase your engagement rate while promoting your brand through video marketing.
Let’s recap. Video marketing can do wonders for your life coaching business, if you will let it. The most important thing to keep in mind is to provide value to your audience. Show them why they are there with you instead of someone else. Practice makes perfect, and if you get started, pretty soon, you’ll be a video marketing pro!